Dining at Triton’s on the Disney Wonder

You know who Triton is, right?  He is the King, under the sea.  Ariel’s father.  You know, The Little Mermaid...



Triton’s is on deck three and the first thing you see upon boarding the ship.  It was open for lunch when we boarded too.  We decided to try the buffet that day, but we did enjoy brunch here on one of our sea days.  

Our second evening meal was delightful.  We were greeted again by all of the wait staff and lead to table 35.   The table was set with beautiful dishware and the entire dining room is stunning.  It is designed to make you feel as though you are truly “Under the Sea.”  Can you hear Sebastian singing yet?  


This is a sconce from the dining room.  It was a little hard to photograph.  



The mural on the wall was stunning.







The menu was filled with delicious options.  The tables were set with beautiful white dishware etched with Cinderella’s stagecoach and other elegant touches.  For our appetizers, John had the Duck Confit and I had the Lobster and Shrimp.  We also had the French Onion Soup.  I am not sure why they chose French cuisine for an under the sea setting, but, we went with it, because the food was so good.  I haven’t mentioned the bread, but I wouldn’t recommend passing it up.  It was all fresh and delicious.  


If there is duck on the menu, my husband isn’t going to pass it up.  He said this was delicious.



I am more of a steak girl.  Maybe it has to do with having grown up eating beef raised on my grand parent’s farm.  This is the Chateaubriand.  It was so tender and delicious.  I am going to let you in on a little secret....I had steak at almost every evening meal....I am not ashamed! 



John couldn’t decide between the parfait or the soufflé do he got both.  


I tried this one, it was so good!! 


If there is creme brûlée on a menu, I am going to order it.  This one looks a little burnt, but it wasn’t, it was delicious and I had to resist licking the bowl.  


More of the artwork in the hallway.




Our cruise included three sea days.  What does that mean?  Well, it means you don’t go into a port, all the activities on the ship are up and running.  It is just what it sounds like, no land in sight!  We decided to have brunch at Tritons.  We were offered coffee and juice and then presented with the menu.  I prefer restaurants.  I don’t like buffets.  I can’t stand waiting in line.  It is shocking to me how long it takes people to decide to pick up the serving spoon and place the food on their plate and move on. Maybe it has to do with my being a mom to five kids.  We serve the food and keep moving.  I realize you ultimately get your food quicker from a buffet, but, it is just so frustrating to me to stand in those lines.  I much prefer to be seated in a restaurant and have my food delivered.  


The Disney Cruise Line logo was everywhere on the shop.  I loved seeing it and the gentle reminder we were at home, with Disney. 





It wouldn’t be hard to guess what I chose for my breakfast at this point, I am sure.  John’s choice was a little bit of a change of pace. 


I didn’t eat the bread...


French toast with pineapple stack!  He said it was delicious!  The grilled pineapple was the best part. 

Our brunch was wonderful and we were ready to start our day.  We would eat dinner again in this restaurant for Pirate Night.  The menu is the same in every restaurant for this special event.  Everyone onboard is invited to dress in pirate attire and everyone becomes a pirate in the Caribbean.  Disney even provided us with bandanas.  


We were under dressed.  All of our table mates arrived in full pirate attire.  They looked adorable.  






For our appetizer I had the crab cakes and John had the Mango Soup.  Can you guess who had the steak?  
The Yorkshire pudding is on top in this photo.  It is fried in the fat from the meat.  It was good, but it was definitely greasy.  That sauce was really good.  


John had the Treasure of the Sea.


This was John’s dessert.  I passed on dessert this night.  I can’t say I didn’t find more food later that evening somewhere onboard.  We may have even had pizza and French fries delivered to our room by room service.  

We enjoyed all of our meals in Triton’s but we were really excited to go to Animator’s Palette the next night.  

***Update: I am now an official Disney Vacation Planner.  I am an affiliate with Academy Travel at www.mickeyvacations.com.  Contact me today if you want more information on a Disney Cruise Line vacation for your family.  Email Danna

Until we meet again! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Kombucha (Kombucha 101)

Sixteen Years and Counting

New Life on the Farm