Birthday Season

I've been remiss in posting to my blog lately.  It isn't because I don't have a lot of information to share, but we have been really busy.  We are right in the middle of birthday season for starters.

Birthday season begins in June and carries all the way until the end of November.  We start in June with Chris.  He turned 26 this year and he and Jenny are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Amelia Jane, who should make her grand appearance around the 14th of February.  We are really enjoying being closer to them.  They moved into a house of their own in Sulphur in August and they are working to settle in and make it a home before their first child is born.

July brings the birthdays of both of our daughters.  Lisa is of course the oldest of our children and the mother of our first grandchild, Logan.  Lisa had told us for years she wasn't having children, I am so glad she changed her mind.  I love being a Nana!  Stephanie's turned 18 this year on her birthday.  She started college this year and is loving being in the Spirit of Northwestern marching band.  We are enjoying going to the games to watch her and cheer for the band.  Zach is even starting to learn the songs.  He was singing the fight song to me the other night at the game.

Our son in law, Dean, celebrated his birthday in August and boy am I glad we don't have to work where he does.  He works at Georgia Pacific making drywall, in Las Vegas.  Working in a hot mill like that is bad, but in the middle of Las Vegas...I have a lot of respect for hard working men who provide for their families even in extreme circumstances.

September brings the extra celebration of our anniversary.  John and I were married on September 14, 14 years ago.  It is hard to believe that it has gone so fast, but what a wonderful journey.  Logan almost made it here on my birthday, but arrived two days earlier.   What a joy and honor to be present at the moment of his birth.  I absolutely loved being there and think it was one of the best moments of my life.  Even better, I got to be in the delivery room again, without having to give birth!  Logan turned 3 this year and celebrated with a Spiderman birthday theme.

October is shared by John and Zachary.  John at the beginning, 10/4 roger wilco!  Zach, the day before Halloween.  It is pretty cool that John and I celebrate our birthdays so closely.  It just adds to the fun of celebrating a birthday season.  The added bonus of our anniversary right there too has given us reason to go away for our celebrations in the past.  Zach loves having his birthday right before Halloween.  He is very excited this year for some reason.  I think it has something do do with all of the candy that goes along with his birthday, I mean, Halloween.  We can definitely see that he is heading into preteen status, he will be 11 this month.

Bubba (Christopher) and Jenny bring birthday season to an end with November.  Jenny's birthday is on November 7.  She shares a little similarity with one of her mothers whose birthday is on July 11.  Get it, 11/7 and 7/11?  Anyway, Jenny is a wonderful addition and blessing to our family.  It has been neat watching she and Chris build a life and marriage and now a family.  Bubba's birthday is always sort of extra special to me since he was born on Thanksgiving day, his due date.  Not so great at the time as they didn't have any food in the hospital.  Not a pleasant thing after having a baby.  But, now, each year, I feel like he gets two birthday if only in my mind as I remember that day, which was 21 years ago next month, on both his actual birthday and Thanksgiving.  It was a real treat to become a mom for the first time on Thanksgiving.  There was something to be thankful for.

For all of the blessings of my family, I am truly thankful!  I love being their mom and I, like I heard a friend say recently, am eternally grateful to the other mothers who gave life to some of the children, who I get to call mine.

So as you can see, we are still in the throws of birthday season, what a glorious time!  After this season, of course comes Christmas, and then the birth of Amelia Jane, who I guess will begin a season all her own, until more grandchildren join us!

Until we meet again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Kombucha (Kombucha 101)

Disney, All the Way

Stephanie's Victorian/Country/Farm Bedroom