Disney, All the Way



We love Disney.  We aren't picky, we love Disney World, Disneyland, Disney movies, and we can even be found shopping in Disney stores if we find one in a mall.  I think it is more about the fun we have when we are together than anything else, but add to it the magic of Disney and the fun is multiplied. 





 I went to Disney World the first time in 1979.  Yes, I was a mere babe at the time.  I remember very little about the trip, but, I do remember the castle and Space Mountain.  I also clearly remember the Jungle Cruise.  I was asked to be the captain and steer the ship.  I was doing really well until the "head hunters" showed up and the person with the gun started shooting.  I took cover and was basically on the floor of the boat!  It was certainly a real experience in my mind.  I totally bought into the magic of Disney as a child and I have enjoyed sharing it with my husband, children, grandchildren and even my parents.  My husband had never been on a "vacation" until 2000.  We experienced Disney World July 4th weekend.  Maybe not the best week for his introduction.  He wasn't completely sold on the idea of vacations or Disney until our second trip in 2004.  Now, when we vacation, we usually choose to go to Disney World or Disneyland.  I know it isn't for everyone, but for us, it is how we like to vacation.
They humor me and allow me to take lots of pictures

Our first time on the Magical Express
Someone wants to be a part of Star Command
Some of our favorite eye wear

We are asked a lot of questions about our vacations.  Why we go so often, what we like best, how do we stick to our budget, what are our favorite restaurants.  So, I thought maybe I could give some tips and pointers that have helped us to enjoy Disney more and more each time we go.  I am by no means an expert, however, I do know my way around a park or two!

Vacationing at Disney has changed through the years, and the most important thing you need to know is always go with a plan.  Let's talk specifically Disney World for a moment.  Without a plan you will spend more time trying to decide what to do than you will spend doing anything.  I recommend having one designated planner for your vacation.  Everyone can submit their own thoughts and suggestions, however, someone needs to plan your daily activities and be responsible for dining reservations and Fast Pass+ reservations.   Disney has developed a fantastic one stop shop for planning your vacation with the My Disney Experience App and website.  https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

Once you create an account a whole world of planning will become available to you.  The great part about My Disney Experience is that it is also available on cell phones so it is available to you once you are on vacation and all of your plans will be stored in one location.  My new favorite feature works with the Photo Pass option.  When you have a Disney photographer take your vacation photos they becomes available to you on the My Disney Experience app and can be shared on other social media sites...even while you are still at Disney World.  Sometimes your photo is taken while experiencing a ride, like Rockin' Roller Coaster, (my favorite), these photos are even a part of Photo Pass.  I am very happy Disney added this option.  Years ago we budged $100 or so just to purchase photos taken while on the rides.  (All worth every penny we paid by the way.)

So, if you are planning a Disney Vacation, be prepared to plan.  If a relaxing vacation of sleeping in and sitting by the pool is what you are looking for Disney World touring is probably not for you.  Not that you can't do that while at Disney, but it probably isn't the best use of your vacation funds.

Until we meet again.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make Kombucha (Kombucha 101)

Sixteen Years and Counting

New Life on the Farm